We are i am not a tourist.
‘i am not a tourist’ Fairs & Events and Privacy
I am not a tourist Fairs & Events produces and sells tickets for event organisations/event partners i am not a tourist Expat Fair Amsterdam, i am not a tourist Eindhoven, Job Fair for Internationals and the Expat Survival Guide.
We promise that
We will handle your personal information with respect and keep you in control.
It is important that you know what personal data is collected about you and how we use it.
Below you will find our explanation. If you would like more information or if you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
Our privacy promise
We promise that if you buy tickets for our events, only we and the event organiser will use your personal data. We make every effort to protect your information. Of course, you will also have control over this yourself. When it comes to marketing, we don’t share anything without your permission, and you can always change your preferences. We keep your personal information safe, and we are committed to maintaining your trust.
How our privacy statement applies to you depends on how you deal with us. For example, if you:
- buy a ticket from us, we use the information you provide to fulfil both our and the Event Partners’ obligations to you in providing that service and, where permitted, to keep you informed of other events that may be of interest to you; and
What information do we have and where do we get it from?
We collect and store various types of information about you when you purchase tickets, create an account, contact us, and use our websites, apps, and social media.
- When you purchase a ticket or create an account, we collect your information which, depending on the service we provide, may include your contact and billing information.
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post on social media, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
How do we use your information and why?
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons, including timely and appropriate notification of your favourite events, sharing news, for marketing purposes and as otherwise required by law.
- We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example, to buy a ticket) so that we can:
- process your order
- accept your payment, and
- Provide you with customer support
- For our legitimate business interests
- Conduct market research and analysis to improve and adapt our products and services.
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section 3 below).
- Send you customer service emails, including reservation confirmations and event reminders.
- Prevent or detect illegal behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or in other cases permitted by law. For example, making sure that tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our trademarks or those of our Event Partner), fraud or other crimes.
- Guarantee the safety of our activities and those of our Event Partners.
- Create a profile for you to help us customize our services to you. For example, if you buy tickets to our trade fairs and you have agreed to our marketing, we will inform you about other trade fairs and (online) magazines that we think you may be interested in.